- How long have you been married? Describe your relationship.
- Do you have any other children? Are they adopted?
- What are the other children’s ages, backgrounds, hobbies, talents and disabilities?
- How many children do you hope/plan to have?
- Why are you choosing adoption?
- If infertility is your reason to adopt, how have you dealt with this emotionally and as a couple?
- What do you do for a living and are you financially able to provide for a child?
- Do you both work? Who will care for the child when you are not with him or her?
- What are you looking for in a child and why? (Gender, Race, Age, Physical Characteristics)
- How do you envision your adopted child’s future? Hopes and dreams?
- How do you plan to administer discipline? Spankings, time-outs, reward system, etc?
- What are your hobbies and family activities?
- Do you attend church regularly? What religion are you, and how do you practice your faith?
- Do you have any medical conditions I should be aware of?
- Are your extended families supportive of your plan to adopt?
- Have you taken or would you consider taking parenting classes?
- What kind of involvement do you hope to have with me during the placement process and after we finalize? Are you open to exchanging letters and pictures?
I adopted our son as a newborn after going through 12 years of infertility. Now, 23 years later, I am director at Everlasting Adoptions. Shortly after adopting our son, I started to feel a calling towards adoption. My career as a Human Resource Manager in Corporate America came to an end, and I entered what I now know is my purpose and passion in life — building families through the miracle of adoption.
Working with birthmothers and adoptive parents throughout the US for over 20 years has allowed me to utilize the skills I have been blessed with to serve others. I come to work every day not as a staff member coming to a job from 9 to 5, but as a person who is extremely dedicated and devoted to helping people like you every single day. I feel very blessed to have found my purpose, and I look forward to helping you with your adoption needs!