Sometimes it’s easier putting things on paper. Take some time now to think about the future for you and your child. We hope that completing the list below will help you in your search and decision for the future of your child.
List what you can offer your child if you were to parent him/her:
List what an adoptive family can offer your child through an open adoption:
(Here are some examples of what many adoptive families can provide)
- Stable home life
- Financial security
- Emotionally ready and willing parent
- One or two parent home
- Able to provide sports, hobbies, music, etc.
- Welcoming grandparents and other relatives
- Quality medical, dental, eye care
- Vacations, opportunity to travel
- Stay-at-home mother (optional)
- Knowledge that his/her birthparents cared enough to choose the best for their child